FA Cup: Liverpool need miracles – Klopp gives update on injured players

Forum 1 month ago

FA Cup: Liverpool need miracles – Klopp gives update on injured players

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has said he needs “miracles” to get his injured players back in time to boost their quadruple bid.

The Reds defied a host of injuries to beat Chelsea 1-0 in the Carabao Cup final last weekend.

But they lost midfielder Ryan Gravenberch in the first half of that game, adding to their mounting fitness crisis.

Gravenberch will miss at least two matches, starting with Wednesday’s FA Cup fifth round tie against Southampton at Anfield.

Wataru Endo is also a doubt for the visit of the Championship promotion chasers, as he was spotted leaving Wembley on crutches and wearing a protective boot.

That leaves Klopp without 13 first team players, including Mohamed Salah, Darwin Nunez and Dominik Szoboszlai.

“We need miracles with a few players. I don’t want to rule them out for too long,” Klopp told reporters on Tuesday.

“But it is touch and go with a lot of players who were not available for the final: Darwin, Mo, Dom – we have to see what they can do (on Tuesday).

“In an ideal world you’d think about this kind of thing, but we obviously don’t live in an ideal world so we will see when the players arrive and they get checked.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances