EPL: ‘We didn’t do enough to win’ – Maguire on Fulham defeat

Forum 2 months ago

EPL: ‘We didn’t do enough to win’ – Maguire on Fulham defeat

Manchester United defender Harry Maguire has admitted that he probably should have taken a red card against Fulham and miss their next game.

Maguire allowed Adama Traore to run past him and set up Alex Iwobi for the winner late in added time.

The England international was already on a yellow card after catching Sasa Lukic with a high challenge.

Maguire has now conceded that he could have taken one for the team and served a suspension, knowing that United would have earned a point.

He said: “I was on a booking myself. In hindsight, maybe I should have just brought him down, but then you miss next week.

“It’s easy to say now. We can say we should have been more cautious. We were far too naive. We can look back and assess it in terms of areas we can improve on, but ultimately, over 90 minutes, we didn’t do enough to win the game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 41 mins ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 46 mins ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 50 mins ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 53 mins ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag