Super Eagles players want Peseiro to continue – Troost-Ekong

Forum 2 months ago

Super Eagles players want Peseiro to continue – Troost-Ekong

Nigeria defender, William Troost-Ekong, has said he and his teammates will be happy to see Jose Peseiro remain in charge of the Super Eagles.

Peseiro’s future remains uncertain following the expiration of his contract with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The Portuguese has been courted by the Algeria Football Federation.

The 63-year-old guided the Super Eagles to a second-place finish at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

Troost-Ekong revealed that the players want the gaffer to sign a contract extension.

“Yes. I think the players are happy with him. Reaching the final is something significant and also something we can build on,” Troost-Ekong said in an exclusive interview with CNN World Sports Amanda Davies.

However, on what he had in mind, I did try to ask him before we left and he said he’s going to call me back. I think I’m just as much in the dark as you guys are but I think all the players would be happy to see him back.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 6 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima
Forum | 6 days ago

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 1 week ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 4 days ago

Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United