Carabao Cup final: Klopp confirms major injury blow ahead of Chelsea clash

Forum 2 months ago

Carabao Cup final: Klopp confirms major injury blow ahead of Chelsea clash

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Diogo Jota is facing “months” on the sidelines.

Jota was substituted after suffering a knee injury in the first half of their 4-1 win away at Brentford on Saturday.

The Portugal international had been back for only seven Premier League matches after a muscle injury, which kept him out of action for most of December. During that time, he scored five goals and assisted another three.

Ahead of Liverpool’s fixture against Luton on Wednesday and the Carabao Cup final against Chelsea this weekend, Klopp has admitted there will be no quick return for Jota.

“With injuries, you have important days; day five, day 10 is then when you judge the situation again because nobody reacts in the same way and it depends on the pain level they still have. I couldn’t give you a time frame, even if I wanted to, so that’s how it is,” Klopp said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title

EPL: Liverpool to replace Klopp with ‘most expensive Dutch manager’
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Liverpool to replace Klopp with ‘most expensive Dutch manager’

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved