Why Churches Keep Inviting Me Despite Being Comedian – Woli Arole

Forum 2 months ago

Why Churches Keep Inviting Me Despite Being Comedian – Woli Arole

Popular Nigerian comedian and actor, Woli Arole, has opened up on why he keeps getting invites from churches to perform in their programmes.

He said this is because as a comedian, he doesn’t overstep his boundaries.

Woli Arole said this when he appeared as a guest on Channels Television’s The Morning Brief on Monday.

He said some religious people have issues with inviting comedians to church programmes was because some comedians are not sensitive enough to avoid certain jokes.

He disclosed that he prays before he goes to churches to perform and is very mindful of the jokes he makes.

“I don’t do mockery, you can check all my content, I don’t blaspheme. God is sacred, our faith is sacred. In fact, I feel all faiths are scared, Islamists, traditionalists, so there are boundaries you must not cross,” Woli Arole said.

“So, while I was active as a comedian, all I talk about is positive vibes. In fact, before I go to perform at a church I pray. There are things I must never say, there are some jokes you must not crack.

“These things are sacred, and I think that is where faith people have issue with people that are content creators and are coming to the church.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 4 days ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 1 week ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike

I can accept a child that’s not mine – Comedian Baba Tee
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I can accept a child that’s not mine – Comedian Baba Tee

Comedian Alibaba And 55-year-old Wife Welcome Triplets
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Comedian Alibaba And 55-year-old Wife Welcome Triplets