EPL: Ten Hag calls out three Man Utd stars after 2-1 win over Luton

Forum 2 months ago

EPL: Ten Hag calls out three Man Utd stars after 2-1 win over Luton

Manchester United manager, Erik ten Hag has called out three of his players following their 2-1 win at Luton Town on Sunday.

Ten Hag criticised his team for making an “easy game” difficult by wasting chances.

United had to hold on for all three points, despite racing into a two-goal lead in the first seven minutes, thanks to a Rasmus Hojlund brace.

But Carlton Morris halved the deficit in the 14th minute.

United continued to create and miss chances, with the home support growing in belief as the game wore on.

But they eventually won the game.

It did not stop Ten Hag from singling out Marcus Rashford, Alejandro Garnacho and Bruno Fernandes for failing to convert opportunities.

“I think quick up and, as you say, we had good chances with Garnacho and Rashford, it could have been three or four-nil,” Ten Hag told Match of the Day.

“After that we lose some focus and we are not so strict in what we should do and they came more in the game. We dropped too deep and allowed them too many passes.

“We gave some chances away and they got the 2-1. That’s no good. But after half-time we picked it up. We had several chances.

“So many chances one against one. I think it was Garnacho, Rashford again, it was Bruno Fernandes. We had so many chances, it should be 3-1 in these moments.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race