Omah Lay, Asake, Rema make Van Dijk’s top songs playlist

Forum 2 months ago

Omah Lay, Asake, Rema make Van Dijk’s top songs playlist

Songs by Nigerian artists, Omah Lay, Asake and Rema, have been included in Liverpool defender, Virgil Van Dijk’s favourite songs playlist.

The playlist was curated for the EFL Carabao Cup Final 2024 and shared via EFL’s Tiktok page.

Late American rapper, The Notorious B.I.G and Mase were the only non-Nigerians featured in the list.

The Dutch defender explained that the playlist is dominated by Afrobeats because he loves to have nice vibes.

Van Dijk said, “Hi, my name is Virgil Van Dijk and these are my top five tracks.

“Number one is Omah Lay with ‘Holy Ghost.’ Dope! Listen to it. It keeps you in the mood. The second one would be Mase with ‘Feel So Good.’ Very good classic. Unbelievable! Then the third one will be The Notorious B.I.G with ‘Mo Money Mo Problems.’ Nice vibes, you know what I mean?

“So, number four would Asake with ‘Lonely At The Top.’ Nice one, nice vibes. The sun is shining hopefully, it will be nice. And my fifth one would be Rema with ‘Charm.’ Very nice.

“There is a lot of Afrobeats because I like to have nice vibes, sun is shining, smiling faces and winning the Carabao Cup Final.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 3 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal