EPL: Ola Aina disappointed with Eagles’ AFCON final defeat – Nottingham Forest coach, Santo

Forum 2 months ago

EPL: Ola Aina disappointed with Eagles’ AFCON final defeat – Nottingham Forest coach, Santo

Nottingham Forest coach Nuno Espirito Santo has said Ola Aina is disappointed with the Super Eagles’ 2023 AFCON final defeat to Ivory Coast last Sunday.

Santo also said the Nigeria international will have another chance to win the AFCON in the future.

Speaking to reporters at Thursday’s pre-match press conference ahead of Nottingham Forest’s Premier League tie with West Ham United this weekend, Santo said: “We mentioned before it was a [AFCON] final.

“Ibrahim, Boly and Serge we have to congratulate them but same time Ola for sure is disappointed but for sure he will have another chance in the future.”

Recall that Aina was singled out for criticism after losing an individual battle with Ivory Coast’s Simon Adingra in the AFCON final showpiece.

The AFCON final ended 2-1 in favour of Ivory Coast.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 1 hour ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag