Riky Rick Signs With Black Coffee’s Soulistic Music

Forum 6 years ago

Riky Rick Signs With Black Coffee’s Soulistic Music

South African rapper Riky Rick has joined DJ Black Coffee’s record label and management Soulistic Music.

The rapper signed with the label after six months of announcing his decision to leave Mabala Noise following a fall out with the label.

Riky’s new deal which was announced on Thursday morning shows that Soulistic Music will handle all of the rapper’s business affairs including endorsements, sponsorship, marketing as well as anything that has to do with his brand.

In a statement, Riky said he’s sure the deal would widen his horizon and help him break new boundaries in addition to taking his music to the next level.

“It’s great to broaden my brand with people that I look up to and respect. I’m looking forward to breaking new boundaries with the team,” Riky said in a statement.

The label’s founder Black Coffee welcomed the rapper’s decision to join the stable.

“It’s amazing to see our stable grow with an artist such as Riky Rick who is in the forefront of South African Music and culture, he is pushing boundaries in such inspiring ways and to him, I say…. ‘let’s take it to the top!,'” he said.

Also, Soulistic Music business affairs manager, Amaru Da Costa said it’s time to take Riky and his career to the next big level under the guidance of Soulistic Music.

Amaru said that the Sidlukotini hitmaker would still release music as an independent artist and in partnership with other labels.

Admittedly, when a fan asked on Twitter about what’s next on his to-do-list post-Mabala, Riky hinted that he has a lot going on including dropping a few records and remixes with some new friends he found online.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 14 hours ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 2 days ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer