LP Crisis: It’s Not True Party Generated Over N3.5bn – Abure Denies Fraud Allegation

Forum 2 months ago

LP Crisis: It’s Not True Party Generated Over N3.5bn – Abure Denies Fraud Allegation

The National Chairman of the Labour Party, Julius Abure has appeared on television to defend himself following allegations of fraud.

Speaking on Thursday when he appeared on Arise Television's Morning Show, Abure said allegations of misappropriation of party funds raised by the embattled National Treasurer of the party is untrue.

Abure said it’s not true that the party has collected over N3.5 billion as revenue into its account.

The Chairman spoke on Thursday while fielding questions on Arise Television’s Morning Show concerning the ongoing crisis in the party.

Recall that the suspended party Treasurer, Mrs Oluchi Oparah, had accused Abure of denying her access to the party’s financial records and bank accounts.

Oparah equally demanded that Abure should render account of party funds in excess of N3.5 billion, being proceeds of sale of forms and sundry fund raisers for the 2023 general election.

According to her, the chairman had so far rejected all entreaties to open LP’s books for scrutiny since the sale of expression of interest and nomination forms closed.

As a response to the allegations, the National Working Committee, NWC, of the Labour Party slammed a six-month suspension on Oparah.

The National Publicity Secretary of LP, Mr Obiora Ifoh, made this known in a media briefing, saying that the suspended Treasurer is a mole who was being used by dissidents to cause disaffection in the party.

However, Abure has now challenged Oparah to make available the record on how she arrived at the sum of N3.5 billion as money generated during the election.

He said, “It’s not true that she said that the party has collected over N3 billion. I want to make it abundantly clear, we already have an audited report, made by a certified auditor of the party. The party has an external auditor who has reviewed all the records. And we have all the audited statements of accounts of the party from 2022 to 2023.

“All these records are available; the audited statement of account, I have it here.

“The total money, in summary, that entered the party account between 2022 and now is N1.3 billion; nothing more, nothing less.

“We also got N700 million, which were the campaign funds that went straight to the campaign organization for the campaigns. I didn’t know and I cannot reconcile where she got the N3.5 billion that she talked.

“I want to challenge her that she should make the record available where she arrived at the sum of N3.5bn as money generated during the election.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 5 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

Kidnappers Abduct Four People Returning From Party In Oyo, Demand N200m
Forum | 6 days ago

Kidnappers Abduct Four People Returning From Party In Oyo, Demand N200m