EPL: Petit names manager that should replace Pochettino at Chelsea

Forum 2 months ago

EPL: Petit names manager that should replace Pochettino at Chelsea

Former France midfielder, Emmanuel Petit has said Bayer Leverkusen’s Xabi Alonso would be the perfect replacement for Mauricio Pochettino at Chelsea.

Pochettino has come under pressure at Stamford Bridge following a poor first season in charge.

Petit believes that Alonso, who has been strongly linked to the Liverpool job, would be a better suit for the Blues.

Alonso has led Leverkusen to the top of the Bundesliga table and they are currently five points clear of Bayern Munich.

Petit told Betway: “I think that Chelsea need a proper manager with a vision, just like what [Mikel] Arteta had for Arsenal.

“But they need to give him time to implement what he wants to do with the players.

“Mourinho is free, so he could be an option. But he’s not my preference, there are new managers who are doing great things.

“I’m thinking about Xabi Alonso for example, I’m very impressed with his work in Germany but there are many great managers that are available.

“Mourinho could be a choice, he’s been successful at the club but we all know that he comes with drama.

“I’m not sure that’s what Chelsea need. They need someone calm and they need continuity at the club.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp