‘I must go back’ – Nwabali dismisses talks of leaving Chippa United amid threats

Forum 2 months ago

‘I must go back’ – Nwabali dismisses talks of leaving Chippa United amid threats

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Stanley Nwabali, has confirmed he will return to Chippa United after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

There have been speculations linking the 27-year-old away from the South African club.

Added to that, Nwabali has been the subject of threats from fans in the country, after Nigeria beat Bafana Bafana at the tournament.

Nwabali saved two spot-kicks during the shoot-out as South Africa were eliminated in the semi-final.

But the goalkeeper has insisted he will be back at the Chilli Boys.

“I must go back to my club, but talking about the threats, this is football,” Nwabali said according to BluePrint as reported by KickOff.

You can’t threaten someone because they also won some other teams too.

“How about if those they beat decided to keep threatening your players, would it make sense?

“It’s football, I don’t think there’s anything attached to it. Maybe it was just someone writing on social media.

It’s cool to me because I spoke to my [Chippa United] chairman three days ago, but he didn’t say anything like all that stuff.

“So, he felt like, ‘No, it’s cool, you can come back’. I must go back to my club because they own me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 2 days ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization
Forum | 1 week ago

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown