Our Wealth Overestimated, Nigeria a Very Poor Country – Presidency

Forum 2 months ago

Our Wealth Overestimated, Nigeria a Very Poor Country – Presidency

The Presidency through Bayo Onanuga has said Nigeria is poor.

According to him, the country's wealth is overestimated.

Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to the President, Bayo Onanuga, said this on Monday in an interview on Arise Television.

He said Nigeria is still a very poor country considering its low per capita income, compared to other African nations.

“Nigeria is a very very poor country, to be honest. I think our wealth is overestimated,” he said.

On the state of Nigeria’s economy and the administration’s efforts to ensure stability, the presidential aide said, “I think we have a poor estimation of the wealth of the country, we are a very poor country.”

According to him, with the removal of subsidies on petrol and the unification of the exchange rate, the administration “is hoping that the pressure on our finances will reduce.”

Meanwhile, Onanuga debunked claims that the Tinubu-led government still owes emoluments to its federal workers.

“The office of the AGF has said there is a challenge with the platform being used to disburse the salaries.

“According to a briefing I got this morning, yes, salaries were delayed, but all federal workers have been paid,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 3 days ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 4 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 6 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music