Super Eagles: He can wear Enyeama’s shoes – Brown gives verdict on Nwabali

Forum 2 months ago

Super Eagles: He can wear Enyeama’s shoes – Brown gives verdict on Nwabali

Ochiba Football Club coach Emmanuel Brown has insisted that Super Eagles keeper Stanley Nwabali can fill Nigeria legendary goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama’s shoes in the national team.

Speaking with Waploaded on Monday, Brown said the Chippa United shot-stopper has done well for himself following his impressive display for Nigeria at the recently concluded 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

When asked if Nwabali has what it takes to wear Enyeama’s shoes in the Super Eagles, Brown said, “Yes. Trust me, Nwabali has really done well for himself. I think he is a goalkeeper with a lot of prospects.

He has shown confidence. He has shown that he can really wear Vincent Enyeama’s shoes.

“So I think we should give him more time. He has not really done badly in the AFCON. He was a good discovery for the Super Eagles, and I think we should at least give him more chances on the team.

“So I think for now that the vacuum of Vincent Enyeama has been covered.

So moving forward, I think Nwabali still needs to be given more opportunity to blend in with the team.”

Recall that Enyeama’s retirement some years ago had left a void that has long troubled Nigerian football.

However, Nwabali’s impressive showing at AFCON has sparked hope of finally finding a worthy successor.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 2 days ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 4 days ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job