There’ll Be No Peace For You – Oshiomhole Warns Governors Refusing to Pay N35,000 Wage Award

Forum 2 months ago

There’ll Be No Peace For You – Oshiomhole Warns Governors Refusing to Pay N35,000 Wage Award

Senator Adams Oshiomhole has slammed Governors refusing to pay Federal Government’s N35,000 grant.

Recall that President Bola Tinubu's administration had approved N35,000 provisional wage award for all treasury-paid federal government workers for six months.

This was following further consultations with the Federal Government delegation that met with the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and Trade Union Congress, TUC, last year.

Oshiomhole, who appeared on Channels Television on Sunday, is of the view that the provisional wage award should be implemented by all levels of government and even the private sector.

“The Federal Government approved N35,000 increase on top of current wage levels. But I’m yet to understand why any Nigerian state government or governor is not implementing that agreement,” the former Labour leader and ex-governor of Edo, said.

“I don’t agree that the money was for only federal employees. Federal employees don’t have different markets from state employees and the struggle that was mobilised, workers in Nigeria were mobilised both public and private sectors in what we called a general strike before that money was awarded.

“By extension, therefore, all state governments, local governments, federal government and private sector employers should implement it. I don’t think NLC business is to lament it.

“They should fight for the implementation of their rights. Any government that refuses to implement the N35,000 is not entitled to peace. That’s my view.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 5 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 1 week ago

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe