You’re Suffering From Buhari’s Policies, Don’t Blame Tinubu - Oshiomole Tells Nigerians

Forum 2 months ago

You’re Suffering From Buhari’s Policies, Don’t Blame Tinubu - Oshiomole Tells Nigerians

Former Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomole has asked Nigerians to blame former President Muhammadu Buhari over the current hardship and high cost of living.

He said policies of ex-President Muhammadu Buhari are affecting Nigerians today.

Many Nigerians believe that some of the policies introduced by the Tinubu-led government especially the removal of petrol subsidy which tripled the pump price of fuel has led to untold hardship being experienced across the Nation

However, while speaking on Channels TV, Senator Oshiomhole said President Tinubu should not be held responsible for the right or wrong decisions taken by the previous administration

The senator said he criticized Buhari’s government for some of its policies.

“My first loyalty is to Nigeria. At some point, before the last president left office, I lamented loudly what I saw as reckless policies that were designed to dehumanize the population that was already in pain. I felt that it was not what the then-president promised. I dissociated myself from those policies and I’m happy that I was not the only one. There were governors who approached the court to denounce some of those policies. It is the long-term consequences of those policies that we are still grappling with now,” he said.

He said although it was APC that was in power in the last administration, Tinubu was not a member of the cabinet or an adviser.

“Yes, it is our party platform. Like Tinubu also said, he was not a minister or adviser. He never took a contract in that government and he cannot be held responsible for what the government did right or wrong,” he said

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl
Forum | 1 day ago

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam
Forum | 1 day ago

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC