AFCON 2023 final: ‘I feel pressure’ — Ivory Coast’s Haller on facing Super Eagles defenders

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON 2023 final: ‘I feel pressure’ — Ivory Coast’s Haller on facing Super Eagles defenders

Cote d’Ivoire striker Sebastien Haller has admitted that he is feeling the pressure ahead of facing the Super Eagles defenders in the final of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, on Sunday night.

Haller, who scored the only goal in Ivory Coast’s AFCON semi-final win against DR Congo, stated this at his pre-match press conference ahead of the final.

The Borussia Dortmund star was absent from action when both sides last met in the Group A clash due to an injury.

However, the 29-year-old is primed to make a difference in the final.

When asked how he feels about the Nigerian defence, Haller told reporters: “We know the way Nigerians play. It is going to be a physically demanding game. It is up to us to give them problems and utilise their weaknesses.

“Even though the defenders have similar physiques as I do, we will make sure we play a great game tomorrow. Yes, of course, I feel the pressure. I am a striker. Everything that pertains to scoring goals. This pressure has to be taken by everyone. Strikers are always in front.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley
Forum | 38 mins ago

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths
Forum | 11 hours ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths

X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale
Forum | 1 day ago

X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return