AFCON final: Bright Osayi-Samuel gives three conditions for Nigeria’s Super Eagles to beat Ivory Coast

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON final: Bright Osayi-Samuel gives three conditions for Nigeria’s Super Eagles to beat Ivory Coast

Super Eagles defender, Bright Osayi-Samuel has said Jose Peseiro’s side will beat the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, host Ivory Coast in the final on Sunday if they focus on themselves, look at what they can do and understand how they can hurt the Elephants.

Nigeria head to the game after beating South Africa in the semi-final encounter, while Ivory Coast defeated DR Congo.

Speaking to Super Eagles media officer Babafemi Raji ahead of the AFCON final, Osayi-Samuel said:

“If you look around the group [Super Eagles] everyone is confident, everyone is looking forward to the game, me myself.

“They have got good players but like I said if we focus on ourselves, look at what we can do and how we can hurt them, then I think we have a very good chance of winning the game.”

Osayi-Samuel is behind Ola Aina and Zaidu Sanusi in Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro’s pecking order of wing-backs.

He made his first start for Nigeria in the win against South Africa.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale
Forum | 1 day ago

X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return

Transfer: Lazio target summer move for Super Eagles midfielder
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Lazio target summer move for Super Eagles midfielder

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering