How I Was Lured By Fulani Herdsman Into Kidnapping US Returnees — Trader

Forum 2 months ago

How I Was Lured By Fulani Herdsman Into Kidnapping US Returnees — Trader

A trader named Njoku Michael, who was paraded alongside 16 other individuals in Ebonyi State, has recounted how a Fulani herdsman enticed him into participating in the kidnapping of some returnees from the United States of America during the last Christmas and New Year celebrations.

The trader made the revelation when he was paraded by the spokesman of the Ebonyi State Police Command, Joshua Akandu, at the state headquarters in Abakaliki, the state capital.

He confirmed that they received N40 million ransom in both naira and dollar for the kidnap.

Michael, who is  from Abia State, said: “We were four persons who carried out the kidnap but it was only two of us who were captured by the police and we don’t know where the others are. We didn’t kill anybody, the lady who  died was out of fear, we didn’t shoot anybody.

“The man who involved  me is a Fulani  man, he is my customer. He buys things from  me in my shop where I sell provisions. The man came to  my shop on December 13, 2023, with his cattle. I told him: ‘Alhaji, you have many cows now o.’

“But he told me: ‘Yes, the cows are mine.’ I pleaded with him to borrow me N50,000 and promised to pay him back in February. He told me that he had no  money and promised to get back to me.

“Five days later, the man came back to me. He didn’t come back with his cattle this time around. He told me that he wanted to carry me to work in Afikpo, Ebonyi State and I had never been to Afikpo before.

“I asked him the type of work he wanted to carry me and he told me it was manure work, that he wanted me to bag it and if I worked hard, I would earn N30,000 or N40,000 in four days.

“I said okay and called my brother to take care of my shop so that I would follow the Alhaji and go for that work. I followed the man to Afikpo and we got to Afikpo  on that New Year in the evening.

He bought me food and lodged me in one hotel. With the money, he stopped a bike and told me to join him on the bike and he took me to a thick forest and told me he was coming back.

“He went and brought two of his brothers and kept them with me. He didn’t tell me what he wanted me to do and it was evening period. He left us and came back with a bag. When he turned it on the ground, it was a gun and a cloth.

“I asked him what we were going to do with a gun, he asked me: ‘I think you said you were looking for money? This is the time we are going to look for the money.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo
Forum | 1 week ago

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community
Forum | 1 week ago

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community

Kidnappings: Order Service Chiefs To Relocate To Kaduna, Borno – Deji Adeyanju To Tinubu
Forum | 1 month ago

Kidnappings: Order Service Chiefs To Relocate To Kaduna, Borno – Deji Adeyanju To Tinubu

Man R*pes And Kills Female Trader For Money Ritual, Burns Her Corpse In Kwara
Forum | 1 month ago

Man R*pes And Kills Female Trader For Money Ritual, Burns Her Corpse In Kwara