AFCON: William Troost-Ekong names player he’ll give his jersey number up for

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON: William Troost-Ekong names player he’ll give his jersey number up for

Super Eagles captain, William Troost-Ekong has named Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand as one of the players he would give his No.5 jersey up for amid the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

William Troost-Ekong said this in a post via his X account after Nigeria defeated South Africa on Wednesday to qualify for the AFCON final.

Recall that Troost-Ekong was exceptional as the Super Eagles beat the Bafana Bafana to set up a final clash with the host nation, Ivory Coast.

Ferdinand had in a show of support to the Super Eagles, posted several Nigerian flag on X and shared a picture holding the Super Eagles jersey with “Ferdinand 5” boldly written on it.

However, Troost-Ekong retweeted Ferdinand’s post and wrote: “One of the few players I would be willing to give my number up for! Legend!”

Troost-Ekong will hope to lead Jose Peseiro’s men to victory when they face Ivory Coast in the final.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals
Forum | 4 days ago

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with