Fire Guts Ebonyi Nightclub, Destroys Property Worth Millions Of Naira

Forum 2 months ago

Fire Guts Ebonyi Nightclub, Destroys Property Worth Millions Of Naira

In the early hours of Wednesday, a fire engulfed the well-known Roky Fella Night Club situated at Udoji Street, Kpirikpiri, Abakaliki, resulting in the destruction of property valued at millions of naira.

The Ebonyi Chief Fire Officer, Mr Raphael Ibiam, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said he received a distress call about the incident around 6.30 am.

Ibiam said that the cause of the inferno is yet to be ascertained, adding that the fire razed valuable property in the building, which consists of a bar, restaurant and the club at the centre.

“Items lost to the inferno included a generator, three big refrigerators, a bush bar, drinks and empty crates, among others,”
he said.

According to him, no life was lost in the incident as his men responded promptly to contain the fire from escalating.

“We were not called early enough and when I got the information, I immediately mobilised my men to the scene.

“Unfortunately, the fire had burnt down the entire clubhouse.

“We did our best to prevent it from extending to other nearby houses,”
Ibiam said.

Daily Post reports that other items destroyed by the inferno include television sets, air conditioners, electronic gadgets, musical equipment and assorted drinks, amongst other valuables.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 2 days ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 4 days ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 5 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation
Forum | 6 days ago

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation