Gunmen Kill 3 Soldiers And Two Vigilantes In Nasarawa

Forum 2 months ago

Gunmen Kill 3 Soldiers And Two Vigilantes In Nasarawa

A militia group killed three soldiers in Katakpa community, Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

The militia also killed two members of a vigilante group in the ambush, which occurred on Tuesday afternoon, February 6, 2024.  

It was gathered that the soldiers, alongside members of the vigilante group, were on a peace mission to a troubled area of the State when they were ambushed and killed by the gunmen.

It was gathered that armed men had on February 1, 2024, attacked the community, killed three persons and destroyed properties worth millions of Naira, including eight houses, six vehicles, seven motorcycles.

The soldiers, alongside members of the vigilante group, were on a peace mission to a troubled area of the state when they were ambushed and killed by the gunmen.

The chairman of the Toto local government area, Abdullahi Aliyu Tashas, confirmed the attack and the casualty figure to newsmen on Wednesday.

He said the soldiers were deployed to maintain peace in the area following attacks on communities by the militia group when they were allegedly attacked and killed by the same Bassa militia.

“Bassa people attacked four communities in Katakpa village and as a result of that, the soldiers were drafted to maintain law and order,
” Tashas explained.

“And while the soldiers were on patrol, the Bassa people laid ambush on them and killed three soldiers on Tuesday afternoon,” he alleged.

He said the corpses of the soldiers had been recovered and handed over to the representatives of the military authorities, who visited the area over the attack.

"As I am talking to you now, I am standing with the ambulance that is conveying the dead bodies of the soldiers that were killed in the ambush,”
he added.

The development comes barely a week after armed men killed three persons and destroyed properties worth millions of Naira during a similar attack on the community.

It was further gathered that about three weeks ago, the suspected militia group also launched an attack on the neighbouring Okudud community, killing seven persons. Scores of people were also injured with many houses razed in the January attack.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 1 day ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush