AFCON 2023: What Nwabali told me before start of tournament – Bafana goalie, Williams

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON 2023: What Nwabali told me before start of tournament – Bafana goalie, Williams

South Africa goalkeeper, Rowen Williams has revealed his Nigerian counterpart, Stanley Nwabali has big admiration for him.

Nwabali has been in fantastic form for South African club, Chippa United this season.

The 27-year-old has the third best clean sheets record in the league this term.

The shot stopper has also kept four consecutive clean sheets at the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire.

“I’m happy for him, I had a chat with him when we played each other in Port Elizabeth and it’s so weird that he told me that I inspire him,” Williams said when asked about the impressive performance of Nwabali.

“The way he’s playing now, I’m so happy that I can inspire someone, a fellow professional – so tomorrow we’ll share the stage together and go out to continue doing what we’ve been doing, trying to be the best goalkeepers we can be.”

Williams and Nwabali will come face to face when South Africa take on Nigeria in a semi-final fixture at the Stade de la Paix, Bouake on Wednesday (today).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Faithia Williams Loses Dad
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress Faithia Williams Loses Dad

VeryDarkMan Calls Out Hilda Baci Over Failure To Start Cooking Class After Collecting Payment
Forum | 3 days ago

VeryDarkMan Calls Out Hilda Baci Over Failure To Start Cooking Class After Collecting Payment

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 week ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 1 week ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali