Kano Housewife Handed Life Sentence For Killing Her Stepchild

Forum 2 months ago

Kano Housewife Handed Life Sentence For Killing Her Stepchild

A housewife, Rukayya Abubakar, has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Kano High Court presided over by Justice Halima Sulaiman for killing her stepchild, Daily Trust reports.

The prosecution counsel, Barrister Rabia Sa’ad, informed the court that in 2021, Rukayya threw her stepson into a well, an action that led to his death.

According to Sa’ad, the offence that the accused committed contravened section 221 of the Penal Code.

During the trial, the prosecution counsel presented four witnesses before the court.

The defense counsel, Barrister Rilwan Muhammad, pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy because the convict is a mother with many children to cater for.

However, the court ordered the convict to spend the rest of her life in prison.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 2 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie

We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency
Forum | 4 days ago

We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency