EPL: Paul Merson changes prediction on Arsenal vs Liverpool

Forum 2 months ago

EPL: Paul Merson changes prediction on Arsenal vs Liverpool

Arsenal legend, Paul Merson, has changed his prediction of the Premier League game between the Gunners and Liverpool.

Merson had predicted that his former club, Arsenal would beat Liverpool this weekend but that was before the Reds demolished Chelsea on Wednesday night.

Liverpool showed no mercy as they hammered the Blues 4-1, creating many more chances which could have left the score very embarrassing for the Stamford Bridge landlords.

Merson was extremely impressed with what he saw from Liverpool and now cannot see Arsenal beating the Reds at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon.

Merson told Sportskeeda, “This is once again a must-win game for Arsenal. If they lose, they are out of the Premier League title race and a draw is no good either, so they absolutely have to go for it.

“Before Liverpool’s demolition of Chelsea, I was quite bullish about this game and thought Arsenal would win. My opinion has changed now as the Reds were absolutely unbelievable last night. Chelsea weren’t great, but Liverpool blew them out of the water and could’ve had more goals if Darwin Nunez hadn’t struck the bar four times!

A draw isn’t ideal for Arsenal, but I don’t think Liverpool will lose too much sleep if they share the spoils away from home.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp