15 Killed In Fresh Attack On Benue Community

Forum 2 months ago

15 Killed In Fresh Attack On Benue Community

A minimum of 15 corpses were retrieved following an assault by armed intruders on Ugboju community in the Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State.

Locals said many people were still missing after the invasion of the village on Wednesday evening by the assailants who had continued attacks on the area for two weeks.

A villager, who spoke to Daily Trust correspondent on telephone, said the bodies were recovered Thursday morning, adding that the people were helpless over the situation.

He stated that before noon, more bodies might be discovered as search parties continued to comb bushes for missing persons.

Prince Inalegwu Adagole Simon, who hails from the affected village, narrated to our correspondent in Makurdi that the attackers besieged the community around 3pm on Wednesday.

“It was around 3pm yesterday (Wednesday) those attackers came to my village and killed 15 persons. Some persons have been displaced from home. Before now, we had no issue with them (attackers),” Simon said.

The member representing Agatu constituency in the State House of Assembly, Godwin Edoh, also decried the fresh killings which he said happened on Wednesday.

Edoh said, “I’m frustrated as a representative of my people by their cries. I have forwarded all the gory photos of the bodies recovered to the WhatsApp lines of both the governor and his deputy.”

Spokeswoman of the police in Benue, Catherine Anene, said she was yet to receive information about the incident from the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Agatu.

“Let’s wait for the DPO, I will confirm from him. As we speak, there are so many police teams deployed to Agatu,” Anene said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Two Killed As Armed Herdsmen Attack Benue Community
Forum | 8 hours ago

Two Killed As Armed Herdsmen Attack Benue Community

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 1 day ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence

CONAMKAT List of candidates admitted into Community Midwifery programme, 2024 intake
Forum | 3 days ago

CONAMKAT List of candidates admitted into Community Midwifery programme, 2024 intake

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 4 days ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush