Creation of African Music Category at Grammys, God’s Timing – Davido

Forum 2 months ago

Creation of African Music Category at Grammys, God’s Timing – Davido

Grammy-nominated Nigerian singer, David Adeleke, aka Davido has hailed Grammy organisers for creating the Best African Music Performance category.

According to him, the decision came at the right time.

In a recent interview with France 24, the singer was asked whether the addition of an African music category at the Grammys was timely or not, and he responded that it was “God’s timing.”

He, however, said African music and culture have always been “dominant” but just starting to get global spotlight.

The host asked, “What do you think about this new category, the Best African Music Performance that has now been added to the Grammys, late to the party or right on time?”

Davido responded, “God’s timing is the best. African music has been dominant for years. So if you’re asking me if we should have gotten recognition since, yeah, definitely. But things take time. As I said, God’s timing is the best.

“And I am really happy about this new category, not just for myself but my fellow nominees. It’s very beautiful given that people back home can make African music and win a Grammy. That’s really amazing to see. So I would say God’s timing, I wouldn’t say late.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy
Forum | 2 days ago

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy