EPL: They don’t have good record – Merson predicts Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal

Forum 2 months ago

EPL: They don’t have good record – Merson predicts Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal

Arsenal legend, Paul Merson has said the Premier League club will be out of the title race if they don’t win their matches this week against Nottingham Forest and Liverpool.

The Gunners suffered back-to-back defeats against West Ham and Fulham just before the New Year.

Those results put a dent on Mikel Arteta’s men’s hopes of competing with Manchester City and Liverpool for the title.

However, Arsenal bounced back with a 5-0 drubbing of Crystal Palace and are away at the City Ground on Tuesday night.

After that, they play the Reds again at the Emirates on Sunday.

Merson told Sportskeeda: “Arsenal have got to keep winning to stay in the Premier League title race.

After this one, they have a big game against Liverpool at the Emirates and if they get six points, they are right back in it as they have a run of winnable fixtures after that.

“Forest aren’t the worst team in the world – they will look to play on the counter and Arsenal don’t have a good record at the City Ground. I think it’ll be difficult, but I fancy the Gunners to record a narrow win.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 2 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag