I Will Be Bigger Than Wizkid & Davido – Singer, L.A.X

Forum 5 years ago

I Will Be Bigger Than Wizkid & Davido – Singer, L.A.X

L.A.X recently had an exclusive interview with Star Tracker. During the interview he made a bold claim that he would be bigger than Wizkid and Davido in the next one year.

The interview started with questions about the singer’s current projects. He spoke about his forthcoming album and what to expect from the project, before going on to state his big target for the next 12 months.

Read the excerpt of the interview below:

What new projects are you working on at the moment?

“Right now I’m working on my album. Last year I was working on it but I lost my hard drive on which I had close to 90 songs on. This happened early last year after I dropped ‘Run away’. I felt like there was a reason I lost those songs, so I focused on creating a new sound for myself. So when you hear my music now you will notice that the sound is different from what I had on ‘Caro’ or ‘Ginger’. It’s now a different vibe all together. I just felt like that is the direction God wants me to go. Right now my album is on the way and it will be ready before the end of the year.”

Why didn’t you follow the trend now by dropping an EP instead of an album?

“There are so many reasons I’m putting out an album. First, I haven’t put out a body of work and I have been in the game for a while now. Also, I feel like because of my transition I have to drop a body of work for people to understand my new sound. I record almost every day so I have a lot of songs and they are not supposed to be seating on my laptop. I’m supposed to let people hear the amazing music I have. So that’s why I think I should drop an album. I actually have like five albums.”

Any notable collaboration?

“Yes. I have one with Davido, Young Bin from UK, Daddy Showkey (which is going to be a classic) and I also have one with Victoria Kimani.”

Why Daddy Showkey?

“When I recorded the song it had something about Daddy Showkey’s lyrics. So, when my manager heard it he thought of putting Daddy Showkey on it because it will help in preventing copyright infringement scandal.”

Where do you see yourself in the next one year?

“I will be as big as Wizkid and Davido, even bigger than them. There’s nobody that can’t be. I let my music speak for me, I have sat with people that won’t lie to me, people that are bigger than me and when they listen to my songs it’s the same feedback.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 2 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence

“Bombie baby” – Davido flaunts newly purchased ₦102 billion Bombardier private jet interior
Forum | 1 week ago

“Bombie baby” – Davido flaunts newly purchased ₦102 billion Bombardier private jet interior