AFCON: They’ve been focusing – Osimhen gives kudos to Troost-Ekong, four other Super Eagles players

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON: They’ve been focusing – Osimhen gives kudos to Troost-Ekong, four other Super Eagles players

Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen has given kudos to the likes of Calvin Bassey, William Troost-Ekong, Semi Ajayi, Ola Aina and Zaidu Sanusi following Nigeria’s 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, Round of 16 victory against Cameroon on Saturday.

Recall that all the five players started Nigeria’s AFCON 2-0 win over Cameroon.

Two goals from Ademola Lookman ensured Jose Peseiro’s men qualified for the AFCON last-8 where they will face Angola.

Speaking at his post-match interview after the game at the Stade Félix Houphouët Boigny, Osimhen said all the five players have been focusing since the start of the 2023 AFCON in Ivory Coast, adding that the Super Eagles also have a good goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali.

“I cannot lie, we haven’t played the best of our football yet. I think the whole team has this mentality of winning, we want to win,” the Napoli star said.

“For me we are more like a family than just players. So for me it is important to have this mentality of winning.

I want to give kudos to my defenders. They have been focused since the start of this competition. We also have a good goalkeeper [Nwabali]. We want to keep this momentum going.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 4 days ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job