Ayra Starr Apologises For Disrespecting King Sunny Ade At An Event (Video)

Forum 2 months ago

Ayra Starr Apologises For Disrespecting King Sunny Ade At An Event (Video)

Ayra Starr, the fast-rising Nigerian songstress, has publicly apologized to the legendary musician, King Sunny Ade, for any disrespect she may have shown him at an event.

Nigerians had taken to social media to drag Ayra Starr over her disrespect to King Sunny Ade and singer Burna Boy’s mother.

In a trending video on the internet, Ayra Starr had snubbed Burna Boy’s mother as she greeted a woman sitting beside her. And went on to greet Sunny Ade by shaking his hands.

Following the backlash received from netizens, the songstress in a post on her official X on Saturday morning, tendered a public apology as she explained herself.

“I’m so sorry, I had just walked in and all the lights and nerves did not let me see but I came back to greet everyone properly. I have never been that girl to be disrespectful, I’m a proper Yoruba girl and the video didn’t start until after I had greeted Burna’s mom! I’m very sorry to the legend, uncle and King Sunny Ade.”

Video link:

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced
Forum | 1 day ago

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced

Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 3 days ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie