AFCON: Don’t watch us on TV anymore – Super Eagles captain, Musa sends message to Tinubu

Forum 3 months ago

AFCON: Don’t watch us on TV anymore – Super Eagles captain, Musa sends message to Tinubu

Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa has urged President Bola Ahmed Tinubu not to watch the team on television anymore but to come over to Ivory Coast and cheer them at the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

Musa, who spoke on behalf of the Super Eagles players, said this during the team’s Zoom meeting with the Minister of Sports Development, Sen. John Owan Enoh, on Wednesday.

The former Leicester City forward also appreciated Enoh for his words of encouragement to the Super Eagles as they prepare to tackle Cameroon in the AFCON Round of 16 fixture on Saturday night.

Musa said: “We have a message that we are going to send to you [Enoh] to the President.

“We don’t want him to watch the game on TV anymore, we want him over here [Ivory Coast] to come and cheer us together. So this is our own message to the President.”

Enoh responded, “The president will come. I can assure you the president will come. He has told me when he wants to come and my prayer is that gradually we are going to get to the point where the President can come. He will come. I will bring the president, he will come,” he assured.

Musa then said: “Finally, we really appreciate your words of encouragement to the team, thank you.”

Nigeria had finished in second position in Group A behind leaders Equatorial Guinea.

Peseiro’s men remain unbeaten in the tournament so far after two wins and one draw.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Megan Thee Stallion Sued For Allegedly Forcing Cameraman Watch S3xual Act
Forum | 2 days ago

Megan Thee Stallion Sued For Allegedly Forcing Cameraman Watch S3xual Act

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident
Forum | 2 days ago

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu