Prepare Your Handover Notes – Gov Diri Tells Cabinet Members

Forum 3 months ago

Prepare Your Handover Notes – Gov Diri Tells Cabinet Members

Bayelsa State Governor, Douye Diri, has directed members of the state executive council to prepare their handover notes ahead of his second term swearing-in.

Diri’s first tenure in office draws to a close, and he is scheduled to be inaugurated into office for a second term on February 14, 2024.

Recall that Diri assumed the position of governor of Bayelsa State on February 14, 2020.

He contested and won re-election in the state’s governorship election on November 11, 2023, on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

During the 126th State Executive Council meeting on Wednesday, Governor Diri issued this directive, emphasizing the importance of thoroughness in the handover notes to ensure a seamless transition into his second term.

This decision implies that many of the council members may not retain their positions in the upcoming term.

Diri acknowledged that the accomplishments achieved by his administration in the first term were a collective effort, not solely attributed to himself or his deputy. He urged the council members to continue contributing their utmost until the end of the term.

“I want to commend you for the selfless service you have rendered in the last four years and as you prepare your notes, dot the i’s and cross the t’s. So, for future purposes, those who will take over or even if you are continuing, you will be guided,” Daily Trust quoted Diri saying.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 3 days ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election