Jubilation In Rivers State After Supreme Court Upheld Fubara's Election (Video)

Forum 3 months ago

Jubilation In Rivers State After Supreme Court Upheld Fubara's Election (Video)

Jubilation erupted among certain residents of Rivers State following the Supreme Court's confirmation of Siminalayi Fubara's electoral triumph as the state governor on Thursday.

Recall that the Supreme Court dismissed an appeal by the All Progressives Congress candidate in the Rivers State governorship election, Tonye Cole.

Cole asked the apex court to sack Siminalayi Fubara as governor of the state.

He alleged that the election was marred by irregularities and that Fubara did not validly resign his previous position as required by the law, before the election.

Both the tribunal and the Court of Appeal dismissed Cole's case for lack of merit.

Reading the lead judgment, Justice Ibrahim Saulawa dismissed Cole’s appeal.

The five-man panel in a unanimous decision held that the appellant failed to prove his allegations that there was non-compliance with the Electoral Act during the election.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares
Forum | 3 days ago

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares

Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025
Forum | 3 days ago

Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025

Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025
Forum | 5 days ago

Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 6 days ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member