Why I Won’t Encourage Ladies to Marry Before the Age of 28 – Ex-BBNaija Venita

Forum 3 months ago

Why I Won’t Encourage Ladies to Marry Before the Age of 28 – Ex-BBNaija Venita

BBNaija Reality star Venita Akpofure has urged ladies not to marry before the age of 28.

She said rushing to marry at a young age is not good for women.

She made the statement during an interview with Tacha.

According to Venita, individuals need time to discover themselves fully and try different experiences before deciding to be bound by the institution of marriage.

In her words;

“Do not marry young, I’m saying ideally — okay if my daughter came and approached me that she was ready to get married, if my daughter approaches me, as long as she’s not I swear to God, not up to 28, we can rock with it. Anything below 28, please no.”

“Because you’re going to change your mind and you don’t know all of who you are at 20-something. Don’t get me wrong, there are people who are mature oh. But you need to try different things in life, different experiences, to be sure of okay, I want to be stuck here. Because it’s handcuff, you’re there.”

“Because you’re stuck – that’s the social idea. Unless you’re Westernized like me, then you’re unstuck, you can unstuck yourself. I’m divorced. The ones that are enjoying now, ‘ll probably still reach a time where they’ll probably hate each other and still have to be in the same space.

“I’m telling you! Why do you think to say them get madam room and oga room? When the ground is shaking and I need space, I need space. Be in your room, I’ll be in my room. To me, an ideal marriage, my husband would have a wonderful house here, and mine would be over here, and there would be magnificent corridors connecting the two houses.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried
Forum | 3 days ago

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 3 days ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 4 days ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday
Forum | 4 days ago

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday