Lagos LP Politician, Rhodes-Vivour, Repays Wife’s Debt After Social Media Bashing

Forum 3 months ago

Lagos LP Politician, Rhodes-Vivour, Repays Wife’s Debt After Social Media Bashing

Labour Party’s 2023 governorship candidate in Lagos State, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour has cleared a debt owed by his wife, Ify.

He repaid his wife’s debt following social media bashing after being called out by user on X, Chike Jones,

Jones had said he worked as a writer and social media manager for Afroscientric.com, a project owned by Rhodes-Vivour’s wife, Ify but she refused to pay him.

According to him, he was owed for over eight months.

Reacting to this, Rhodes-Vivour, wrote, “I have spoken to Chika and extended an olive branch in acknowledgement of an episode that I hope we can put behind us and look to better days ahead.

“I believe this episode to have been an exception, rather than the norm, at least considering the context.

“The situation has been rectified and his due paid. I also want to express my gratitude to everyone who offered their support in de-escalating this situation.

“I thank Chika for his understanding and willingness to move forward and also thank him for his support during the campaigns.”

Giving an update on the matter on Tuesday, Jones said Rhodes-Vivour reached out to him and paid the debt.

He wrote, “Someone I know who also knows #GRVlagos reached out and arranged a call a few minutes ago. On the call was GRV, his media manager, myself, and the mediator.

“The media manager started by apologising. Then #GRVlagos came on and said he wanted the matter resolved and he would pay the money before today ends. I said no problem, but I asked #GRVlagos why #IfyAniebo refused to pay me. The reason given was: She felt unhappy with the work I had done.

“I made it clear that it was both a lie and a wicked thing to say, and there the matter closed. I will be expecting my payment as promised, and once I receive it, I will update this thread with a screenshot.

“Thanks to everyone, friends, strangers, and acquaintances for raising your voice. When you need help, I hope people will raise their voice for you too.”

Sharing further update on Tuesday, Jones wrote, “I have received payment from #GRVlagos. Screenshot here.

“A final update on this. I have been paid by #GRVlagos. I appreciate him stepping up in a difficult situation. The debt is paid. Ozoemena.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 15 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape
Forum | 1 day ago

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday