Transfer: You’ll suffer big blow – Schwarzer urges Chelsea not to sell midfielder

Forum 3 months ago

Transfer: You’ll suffer big blow – Schwarzer urges Chelsea not to sell midfielder

Former Chelsea goalkeeper, Mark Schwarzer has urged the Blues not to sell midfielder, Conor Gallagher before the end of the ongoing January transfer window.

Schwarzer believes Mauricio Pochettino’s side would suffer a ‘big blow’ if Gallagher is sold this month.

He stated this after Chelsea thrashed Middlesbrough 6-1 in the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg clash on Tuesday night at Stamford Bridge.

Recall that Gallagher has been linked with a move to Chelsea’s Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

Speaking about the importance of keeping Gallagher, Schwarzer told Sky Sports: “I think even more now because of the amount of changes that Chelsea have had at this club.

“You want to have that connection still with the fans. When things aren’t going particularly well you want to have those players who are fans, who are genuine Chelsea fans.

“I don’t think they have got anyone who can play the way Conor Gallagher plays and it would be a big blow for them.

“Unfortunately, I think some of these decisions are out of their hands because of the decisions they have made over the last 12 to 18 months.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 12 hours ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer