D’Prince Clarifies Rema’s Contract With Mavin Records, Jonzing World

Forum 3 months ago

D’Prince Clarifies Rema’s Contract With Mavin Records, Jonzing World

Nigerian music executive, D’Prince has opened up on the kind of contract singer, Rema signed with Jonzing World, his label.

He also made clarifications about Rema's contract with Mavin Records, label owned by Don Jazzy.

Speaking in an interview with HipTV, D’Prince said Rema’s contract involves a collaborative arrangement where both labels contribute to managing and promoting the artiste.

He added that given the scale of Rema’s career, multiple hands have to come together to ensure its success.

“He is signed to Mavins, he is also signed to Jonzing World basically like Jonzing World is my label, Mavin Records is my label as well because that is where I came from basically,” he said.

“You could call it a joint label/management operation going on there. You know Rema is not a small artiste that just one label.. trust me, if you know how many people have their hands on deck in terms of Rema, you will understand why it takes a whole lot of people to come together to make things flow.

“There should not be any confusion. He was unveiled as a Mavin Records and a Jonzing World artiste and that is what it is. Jonzing World also doubles as his management company.”

D’Prince is the younger brother of Don Jazzy. He joined Mo’ Hits (now Mavin Records) in 2005. He is renowned for his 2010 hit single ‘Omoba’.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 day ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 1 week ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa

Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma