When I Was Producing Songs For Timaya, I Was Broke - K-Solo

Forum 6 years ago

When I Was Producing Songs For Timaya, I Was Broke - K-Solo

Nigerian music producer, Solomon Oyeniyi, aka K-Solo, has opened up that he was a broke man back in the days when he was rated as one of the biggest producers in Nigeria.

In a recent interview with GoldmyneTV, he stated that, though he was famous while producing Timaya and other big artistes, it didn’t fetch him money.

"when I was working on Timaya and the fame was so huge, I didn’t even have money to give out to people. People called me for interviews, but I couldn’t go and they felt I had pride. I didn’t have pride, but there was no money to give people who were supporting me on TV or radio. When I wanted to go to events, I would go with Timaya’s CDs to give out to people disturbing me for money.”

According to him, most of the young producers working with top musicians are poor.

“I know many people with big names that cannot take care of themselves; they depend on girlfriends and ‘yahoo boys’ for survival.
Some producers don’t have money to buy equipment. It is that terrible. They feel bad about it; I have gone through this too. I try to advice many of them never to give up as it was a phase we passed through too. The adage that empty barrel makes the loudest noise is true. When people are wealthy, you hardly hear them talk”he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 4 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy
Forum | 1 week ago

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy

Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck
Forum | 1 week ago

Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck

Widow Arrested For Producing And Selling Lethal Psychoactive Substance In Calabar
Forum | 1 week ago

Widow Arrested For Producing And Selling Lethal Psychoactive Substance In Calabar