Insecurity: Wike Is Yet To Respond To My Messages And Letters - Senator Kingibe

Forum 3 months ago

Insecurity: Wike Is Yet To Respond To My Messages And Letters - Senator Kingibe

Senator Ireti Kingibe, the lawmaker representing the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has disclosed that the FCT minister, Nyesom Wike, is still yet to acknowledge that there are other elected officials in the region.

Appearing on a Channels Television program, Kinigbe stated that there is a “disconnect” between her and Nyesom Wike who she claims has been ignoring her messages and letters in the wake of insecurity in the area.

Kingibe stated that her effort to reach Wike over insecurity in the FCT, has not yielded any results. She said;

“I have never met with the minister except when he came for appropriation. I have reached out to him several times. The minister for some reason thinks Senator Aduda is still the Senator of the FCT. Unfortunately, that’s not the case.

“I have WhatsApp messages, I have written him one or two letters and I don’t get any response.”

She also said the Senate will invite Wike and security agencies over the worrying rate of insecurity in Abuja. Kinigbe added;

“When the Senate resumes, I plan that the (Senate) FCT committees specifically me, needs to sit with the two ministers and the security agencies for them to give us their plans concerning security.

“It is not that I am hoping. I know he will be summoned. But whether he responds or not is a different matter entirely. But as the chief security officer of the FCT, he should have a plan.

“He should be able to tell us, the committee, and specifically me, that this is the plan for protecting the people of the FCT. Between him, the police commissioner, and the head of the DSS, they must have a plan.”

See Video Below;

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead
Forum | 20 hours ago

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 4 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 1 week ago

Forum | 1 week ago