AFCON 2023: Iheanacho declares himself fit for action

Forum 3 months ago

AFCON 2023: Iheanacho declares himself fit for action

Kelechi Iheanacho has claimed that he is fit and ready for action at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

Iheanacho joined the Nigeria squad late for the competition after staying back at Sky Bet Championship club Leicester City to receive treatment for a muscle injury.

The 27-year-old arrived in Abidjan on the eve of Nigeria’s opening fixture against Equatorial Guinea.

The forward was named among the substitutes for the game and the Super Eagles’ second fixture with Cote d’Ivoire.

Iheanacho is, however, looking forward to making his first appearance for the three-time African champions against Guinea-Bissau next Monday.

“I’m hundred per cent fit at the moment. I’m good to go,” Iheanacho said at a media parley in Abidjan on Saturday.

"I was lucky that it was just a Grade A muscle injury.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 1 day ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed
Forum | 3 days ago

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’
Forum | 3 days ago

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’