Kidnappers Who Attacked Nigerian Army Estate In Abuja Demand N30million Ransom For Victims

Forum 3 months ago

Kidnappers Who Attacked Nigerian Army Estate In Abuja Demand N30million Ransom For Victims

The abductors of Barrister Cyril Adikwu's wife and two in-laws, who were taken from the Nigerian Army estate in Kurudu, Abuja, have reportedly demanded a ransom of over N30 million.

Recall that kidnappers invaded the estate on Thursday night at about 10pm and took away his wife and two in-laws.

Adikwu, who had escaped while the kidnappers came to his residence in the estate, said he was in communication with the kidnappers and they had demanded a ransom of over 30 million naira within a time frame.

Speaking with Vanguard, he said “It all happened on Thursday night at about 10:00 pm when a vehicle containing those who were kidnapped drove into my compound, and then all of a sudden the kidnappers followed the vehicle into my compound.

“I was upstairs and heard strange sounds, so I peeped through the burglary door upstairs and saw one of them who was kidnapped on the floor. I asked what was going on there, and she said, ‘I don’t know, these men are asking me to go down, then it occurred to me they were kidnappers.

“Then I started screaming ‘Kidnappers help” at the top of my voice, at this point they started shooting at me upstairs; I was able to escape and then they started shooting guns in the air while they took the three of them away.

“There were about 8 of them, and they walked through the bush path over the hill to the other side, not up to 40 minutes later, they left; I was called to provide a ransom, I don’t want to mention the amount because already false information is everywhere in the media about the whole incident, but I can assure you it’s more than 30 million.

“I am traumatised right now after the whole incident, and the kidnappers have been calling me and have given me a time frame.”

One of the estate management officials who did not want to be mentioned said the estate management, in collaboration with security agencies, are working to rescue the kidnapped victims.

”The incident that happened on Thursday night in the estate was really unfortunate. We were alerted immediately, but before security personnel got there, the kidnappers had left with the victims. We assure you that we are working with security agencies to see that they are rescued unhurt.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car
Forum | 2 days ago

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 2 days ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress
Forum | 2 days ago

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress

Three Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Nasarawa
Forum | 3 days ago

Three Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Nasarawa