AFCON: I didn’t know Francis Uzoho – Super Eagles goalkeeper, Nwabili

Forum 3 months ago

AFCON: I didn’t know Francis Uzoho – Super Eagles goalkeeper, Nwabili

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Stanley Nwabili has insisted that he did not know Francis Uzoho before meeting him in the team’s training camp ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

Recall that Super Eagles head coach Jose Peseiro selected six goalkeepers – Nwabili, Uzoho, Ojo Olorunleke (Enyimba), Adebayo Adeleye (Hapoel Jerusalem), Amas Obasogie (Bendel Insurance) and Christian Nwoke (Sporting Lagos) in his 40-man provisional squad for the 2023 AFCON.

However, Nwabili, Uzoho and Ojo eventually made the cut for the ongoing tournament in Ivory Coast.

Peseiro later ended the controversy regarding the Super Eagles’ choice of goalkeeper with the surprise inclusion of Nwabili in the starting lineup against Equatorial Guinea.

Speaking to reporters in Abidjan before Nigeria’s 1-0 win over Ivory Coast, the Chippa United goalkeeper said: “You see, even before I came here I didn’t know them much. I only know Ojo, I did not know Uzoho. I came to the camp, Uzoho is one of the [most] amazing guys I have ever seen. He’s a nice guy like Ojo.

“We always talk to ourselves to see how everyone improves. We always work hard together. I just wish everyone improves for the country.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent
Forum | 1 week ago

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor
Forum | 1 week ago

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor