WEF: Tinubu Asked Me To Sell The Nigerian Dream In Davos – Shettima

Forum 3 months ago

WEF: Tinubu Asked Me To Sell The Nigerian Dream In Davos – Shettima

VP, Sen Kashim Shettima who is attending the ongoing World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, disclosed that President Bola Tinubu asked him to sell the “Nigerian dream” there.

Shettima stated this in an interview with Channels Television on the sidelines of the annual World Economic Forum (WEF) where world leaders are gathered to discuss the way forward for the global economy.

The vice president explained that he went to the forum to showcase Nigeria.

He asserted that it is paramount for Nigeria to be represented in Davos considering that it is Africa’s most populous nation and largest economy.

He noted that it is very essential as the trajectory of global growth is hinged on the continent.

According to him, “With Tinubu at the helm of affairs, we have never had it good in terms of governance. He mandated me to go and sell the Nigerian dream and I am here to showcase Nigeria to you all.

“You know Nigeria represents Africa, the most populous nation in Africa, it has its largest economy. The trajectory of global growth is facing Africa and Nigeria will make or mar that transition. So, we have to be in Davos to sell the Nigerian brand because wherever Nigeria goes, that is where Africa goes.”

Emphasizing further how vital the Nigerian population is to the growth of Its economy, Shettima added, “I appreciate, I applaud, I celebrate the success stories of Botswana, Mauritius and even of Rwanda but when you look at the size, what is the population of Botswana? 2.6 million people. What is the population of Mauritius? 1.3 million, even Rwanda has a population of 14.9 million people; all are not bigger than metropolitan Kano. So, the population of Nigeria is essential.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 4 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja