AFCON: Don’t savour this victory – Peseiro warns Super Eagles after Côte d’Ivoire win

Forum 3 months ago

AFCON: Don’t savour this victory – Peseiro warns Super Eagles after Côte d’Ivoire win

The head coach of the Super Eagles, Jose Peseiro, has warned his players not to get carried away following a 1-0 win over Cote d’Ivoire in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations on Thursday.

Nigeria beat the host nation, thanks to a William Troost-Ekong penalty in the second half.

The victory takes the three-time African champions to four points, joint-top with Equatorial Guinea.

Peseiro is delighted to have put in place “a strategy that worked” against the Ivorians, but is already looking forward to the last group game against Guinea-Bissau.

“For the next match we have to control the game, try to be less timid and not give possession to the opponent.

“I told my players not to savour the victory. We have four days left before the next match. From day one I told them: ‘you must win the AFCON’,” Peseiro said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 3 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 5 days ago

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians