President Tinubu Govt Approves N9 Billion Life Assurance For Workers

Forum 3 months ago

President Tinubu Govt Approves N9 Billion Life Assurance For Workers

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the payment of renewal fees for the Group Life Assurance for federal government workers.

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, disclosed this while speaking to journalists on Wednesday at the end of the first Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting of the year at the State House in Abuja.

Idris said the president approved about N9.6 billion for 12 local insurance firms to cover federal workers in the event of unforeseen circumstances in their duties.

The minister stated that in the event of death or severe injury to any worker, they could resort to the insurance scheme so that their families would not have to suffer.

Idris added that the approval was part of the administration’s determination to accord all its workers the needed reward to improve efficiency, productivity and service delivery to Nigerians.

He said: “There are about 12 insurance companies involved. It’s a normal annual cover that insurance companies give workers.

“So, in the event of death or severe injury, they can resort to and so that their families would not have to suffer.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 1 day ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 2 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu