EPL: ‘Go for someone else’ – Petit kicks against Arsenal signing Benzema

Forum 3 months ago

EPL: ‘Go for someone else’ – Petit kicks against Arsenal signing Benzema

Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit doesn’t want his old club to sign former Real Madrid captain Karim Benzema.

Benzema, who currently plays for Al-Ittihad, has been linked with an exit from the Saudi Pro League side.

The Frenchman has attracted interest from Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain.

However, while Arsenal are in the market for a center-forward as well this January transfer window, Petit wants the Gunners to snub a move for Benzema.

“What is the price for Benzema? Do you have any idea how much Benzema will be earning in Saudi? I don’t think any English club will be able to offer him the same amount of money. It is Benzema’s choice if he comes back but after winning everything with Real Madrid and being 34-years-old, I don’t think he will want to come to the Premier League.” Petit told Compare Bet (as quoted by Metro).

“It is so physical, it is so mentally hard, it’s not La Liga, with all the respect for him, he played for probably the biggest club in the world with great success, but it is not the Premier League. I’m not confident Arsenal should go to Benzema, they should go for someone else.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Runway Mishap: ART Kicks Against Dana Air Suspension, Cautions Keyamo
Forum | 1 day ago

Runway Mishap: ART Kicks Against Dana Air Suspension, Cautions Keyamo

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton