Ibadan Explosion: Businesses Paralysed As Traders Count Losses

Forum 3 months ago

Ibadan Explosion: Businesses Paralysed As Traders Count Losses

Due to the tragic explosion that occurred in the ancient city on Tuesday, business activities have been brought to a standstill in certain areas of Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State.

Recall that there was an explosion at Dejo Oyelese Close, Bodija Housing Estate in Ibadan on Tuesday.

A Daily Post correspondent who visited parts of Bodija reports that business activities in areas close to the scene of the accident have been shut down while traders are counting their losses.

Scores of houses, shops and offices, especially those in close proximity to the old and new Bodija were affected by the explosion which claimed many lives.

Business owners in the axis as well as their workers were seen discussing the incident when DAILY POST visited the area.

Only a few shops and offices within Bodija managed to open for business as of the time of this report.

A trader who asked not to be named said he shut down his business premises following the incident. “We have closed the shop. Some of us have been affected”.

An elderly man also told DAILY POST that his office was affected. “My office has been affected. My office is close to this place. We have closed it. I just managed to come here to see what is happening here.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 1 week ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

I Was Checking The Function Of My Retracted Manhood - 22-year-old Man Who Allegedly Defiled Toddler In Ibadan Says
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Was Checking The Function Of My Retracted Manhood - 22-year-old Man Who Allegedly Defiled Toddler In Ibadan Says

One Injured In Suspected Explosion As Loud Bang Is Heard In Abuja Community
Forum | 4 weeks ago

One Injured In Suspected Explosion As Loud Bang Is Heard In Abuja Community

University College Hosp Ibadan admission into Basic Midwifery for March 2024
Forum | 1 month ago

University College Hosp Ibadan admission into Basic Midwifery for March 2024