EPL: ‘He gives you lift’ – Walker says Man City star is on Ronaldo, Messi’s level

Forum 3 months ago

EPL: ‘He gives you lift’ – Walker says Man City star is on Ronaldo, Messi’s level

Manchester City defender, Kyle Walker, has said his teammate Kevin De Bruyne is on the same level with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

Speaking to the media at The Best FIFA Football Awards, Walker claimed that De Bruyne is one of the best players in the world at the moment.

The England star hailed the Belgian for his impact in Man City’s recent Premier League 3-2 win over Newcastle United, where he came on to score and assist in the final stages of the match.

“I think there are only certain players, the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, that you can say are in the same bracket as Kevin – Kevin goes into that bracket for me,” Walker said.

“When he came on against Newcastle, you could feel that push, you could feel that energy and that excitement.

“He gives you a lift and Kevin is at his best when he is on the ball playing passes that you don’t think are even possible to play.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham