FIFA told to bar every captain who voted for Messi

Forum 3 months ago

FIFA told to bar every captain who voted for Messi

Former United States international Janusz Michallik has urged FIFA to bar every captain who voted for Lionel Messi to win the 2023 FIFA The Best Men’s Player award.

Messi recently took home his second consecutive and third overall prestigious trophy.

The Argentina World Cup winner closely beat Manchester City’s Erling Haaland to the award.

However, Michallik wants national team captains who voted for the Inter Miami forward to be stripped of their voting rights, including the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Luka Modric, and Mohamed Salah.

“Last season was based on the entire year because he played such a vital role for Argentina, not just in winning it but obviously his play alone, we gave it to him. This year, I mean this is just crazy. I mean I couldn’t believe it in a way and I think we are used to this right,” Michallik said (via ESPN FC).

“I didn’t lose any sleep over it but I will tell you what. Everyone that voted for Messi to win it should be barred from voting ever again really because that is just nonsense.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 week ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 1 week ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series
Forum | 2 weeks ago

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series